We strongly believe that assessments are helpful in identifying individuals strengths and weaknesses and provides valid information about intellectual or cognitive abilities, and educational achievement levels. Psychological assessments consist of a thorough evaluation of cognitive function, differential diagnosis, and the provision of recommendations for the purpose of treatment planning. Family Counselling Centres provides the following types of assessments:
- Psycho-educational Assessments (cognitive ability giftedness, delays, strengths, weaknesses, achievement levels, disabilities)
- Emotional and Behavioural Assessments (depression, anxiety, conduct concerns, ADHD)
- Cognitive Function (intelligence testing)
- Parenting Assessments (Unilateral, Bilateral, Voice of the Child)
- Forensic Assessments (violent crimes, non-violent crimes, civil litigation, Family Court proceedings)
- Career Assessments
- AISH Assessments
What to Expect
- Administration of Assessments: Up to 5 hours of the administering psychologist’s time is booked to complete the assessment.
- Scoring: Family Counselling Centres’s assessments are hand-scored with precision by a registered or provisionally registered psychologist.
- The Report: A succinct summary of the most relevant background and assessment information be followed by a clearly stated diagnostic impression, if relevant. The report will also include specific instructional recommendations and educationally relevant suggestions.
- Additional Recommendations: Family Counselling Centres. provides additional recommendations for accommodations and strategies at your request. This service is part of our philosophy, which motivates us to be helpful, thorough and highly effective service providers